Bedrooms & Bathrooms
- 6 bedrooms: The Shelter Stone sleeps up to 13 guests across 6 bedrooms, one located on the ground floor (the family bedroom)
- 4 bathrooms: one family bathroom, three ensuite shower rooms and a separate WC
- Bed linen and towels are provided
Children & Babies
- A travel cot and 2 high chairs are provided
- It is possible to accommodate a couple of extra children, if you would like to bring air beds. Please let us know if you are planning to do this
- For your comfort we do not have waterproof sheets on our beds. Should you have someone with you that may need them, disposal bed mats are available.
- Oil central heating is installed throughout, which is included in the rental price, with additional heating from open fire in the sitting room
- A basket of firewood will be provided, with additional logs available to purchase nearby
- Electric range cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer
- Washing machine
- Television, radio
- WiFi (can stream HD movies or music via Chromecast to the TV)
- Lawned area to side of house with garden furniture and BBQ
- Secure external storage for bikes/skis/canoes etc (although please note that we cannot accept liability for your valuable kit!)
- Off road parking is available to the front of the property, easily accommodating 5 cars. Additional parking is also available to the rear
Private EV charge point for guest use
- Well behaved (!) Stags and Hens are welcome, but please let us know when you book
- Pets by prior arrangement only.
- The house is fully kitted out with fire, smoke, CO detectors and automatic nightlights
Smoke Free Zone
- No smoking anywhere in the property
- There is a separate adjoining cottage with two double bedrooms. Please get in touch if you need more space and we can check with the owner for availability
We stayed at Shelter stone for 5 days during the February holidays. We were a group of adults with children all very happy from our stay in the house. Lots of space, everything you need in the kitchen, clean and warm. Just a fab time for all of us! Shelter stone is just minutes walk from local shops. We would definately come back if we need a large accomodation for our next Aviemore holiday.
We had a great long weekend away with several friends and their small children in October. The house is very spacious with plenty of living space and a large dining room where we could all eat together. The bedrooms are all spacious and comfortable and the house was lovely and cosy.